John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Frigidaire model FDB1100RHM2 has power - light on front is

Customer Question

Frigidaire model FDB1100RHM2
has power - light on front is lit
when i went to start would not start, found wodden spoon wedged in bottom. removed spoon
still will not start
checked everything, cleaned out bottom
any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem.
My name is Woody and I look forward to helping you!

Does it even fill up with water ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no wont fill with water. it is like it is paralized. landlady said this happened to her before and she had to press buttons in certain order to get it to reset!?!?! it does have power

on the front left corner of the sump under the bottom rack pick the float up and down and then see if it starts to fill ?

and do you have any blinking lights on the display ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not blinking just the Heat Dry button is lit

picked up the sump several times and tried to start- no such luck

I just moved into this apt about 5 months ago..how old is this washer?

May I have the serial number to tell you the manufactured date ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

serial # is TH01180899

but more important is getting washer working on my own without hiring someone to fix asap, cause i dont want to have to wash all my dishes!! spoiled!!!!

Jan 18 of 2008

Do oyu have a Volt ohm meter ?

and if you press start / cancel button once will it go into a drain cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no i dont have an ohm meter and dont even know what that is. i press all the buttons and nothing happens. i held the start btn for about 30 secs. i tried every btn...nothing

I'm sorry to say it sounds like you or the landlord will need to call for service to properly diagnosis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for your help

good luck .