Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

I have a Kenmore Elite he4t. It suddenly started flashing

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite he4t. It suddenly started flashing f33. I tried to cancel to no avail. Finally I got the cycle to run again and it filled with water and the door ultimately popped open and dumped water out of the machine. We took the bottom front panel off and cleaned out the drain cap. There was quite a bit of junk in it, but we are still getting the 33 error code. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

hello

Jon :

my name is XXXXX XXXXX i can help you today

Jon :

the f33 error on your machine is for a miscommunication between the main ccu board and the drain pump of the machine. Usually the miscommunication is from a disconnected wire to either the ccu board or drain pump.

Jon :

so if you have already removed the lower panel and checked the drain pump, have you noticed any loose or disconnected wires to the drain pump motor?

Customer:

I am checking that right now.

Jon :

just check with a flashlight to get a better look. please look on the sides of the drain pump and you should see some wires connected to it. if you dont see any wires connected to it then that is the problem.

Jon :

if you find the wiring connected to the drain pump then we will need to remove the top panel and check the wiring to the ccu board. the ccu board is the main board. not the front control board.

Jon :

please pull the washer out a little from the wall so you can access the back of the washer. Then remove the screws to back of the top panel. there should a few screws holding the top panel on. remove those screws and pull the top panel towrds the back of the machine about an inch or so and lift up and off.

Jon :

with the top panel off you will then see the main ccu board on the side of the machine.

Jon :

just check the connections to the board there.

Jon :

if any loose or broken wires that is the problem and will need to be fixed.

Jon :

if no damaged or loose wires then you will have to replace the main board.

Jon :

especially if the machine is draining normally.

Customer:

There is a wire connected to the pump. Unfortunately our washer and dry are stacked and in a small area, so it will take a couple people to get it pulled out. We will have to do that tomorrow when we have help. Thanks for your help so far.

Jon :

please check that and get back to me here and let me know what you find and i will help you more.

Jon :

you are very welcome for the help.

Jon :

no worries about proceedeing tomorrow.

Jon :

i know there can be linited space in our homes for these machines. But it is definitely suggested that you remove the top of the washer to check the main ccu board before replacing anything.

Customer:

We will do that in the morning and get back to you. Thanks again for your help.

Jon :

i can get you part info after we determine what the cause of the problem is. then you will be able to order the parts, if needed, on line. and when they get to you, you can install them yourself and save a whole bunch of money.

Jon :

i will be here for you.

Customer:

Thanks again. I will get back to you sometime tomorrow.

Jon :

and if you like, please rate my performance positively below this chat now with ok service or better rating. and this way you will be able to come back directly to me.

Jon :

instead of having to post your question again. and waiting for a reply.

Jon :

after rating me positively, you will be in direct contact with me until we are done. and even after we are done if you have more questions you can come back to me here and ask any questions you need to and i will answer them at no additional charge.

Jon :

talk to you tomorrow.

Customer:

Thank you for your patience. I checked all the wiring on the ccu board and pump and all connections were tight. I noticed an air line running from a module on the side of the washer to the back of the drum that was worn with a pin hole in it. I am in the process of looking for replacement tubing. Do you think that could be the source of the problem?

Customer:

Didn't hear from you so I tried the hose and it worked. So far the washer has run two loads without throwing the f33 error code. Her's hoping this is all it was.

Jon :

hello again

Jon :

yes the air hose to the pressure switch would definitely cause some troubles. But the air hose you are referring to goes to the pressure switch which affects the way the machine fills with water. and would have no bearings on the f33 error code. which again is the miscommunication between the CCU board and the drain pump.

Jon :

but please replace the pressure switch air tube or line as they call it first and see if it helps. and makes the machine work correctly. It will certainly be cheaper then the drain pump or main CCU board. A lot cheaper.

Jon :

if after replacing the air hose and running the machine and you find the error is still present or the machine will not run properly then you will need to replace the main CCU board.

Jon :

and I am just seeing that you responded again now. and it seems to be working. that is great. just keep an eye on it for the next couple of loads and if it runs fine with out any codes then you should be good to go.

Jon :

please get back to me here if you need any other help and I will help you more.

Jon :

Please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat. this is the only way i get credit for helping you from the website. and again, if you still have more questions please just come back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

Thanks

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

If you have more questions or concerns with this machine please get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.