Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The plastic screen built into my GE Spacemaker dryer where

The plastic screen built into my GE Spacemaker dryer where the lint trap is inserted is broken. The plastic screen is built into the front of the dryer drum. Can I buy that part from GE. I can't seem to find any info on it.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately you can't just replace the plastic screen, but you can replace the front plastic lint housing with that screen built into it. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace to fix the issue. The part is about $107 unfortuantely.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You found the part when I could not on multiple Internet searches! Thanks for the great help. The part will save me the $1200 to replace this 22 yr. old appliance.

No problem and I wish you only the best.