Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

ge refrigerator gfss6kkxass icemaker not working, icemaker

ge refrigerator gfss6kkxass icemaker not working, icemaker has a samsung label on it
watched ge repair video and talks about diagnostic check, on/off switch w/green light
i do not see this switch or green light. as usual video makes it look simple but my hands can never get to these tight areas
water is dispensing thru front of door, just replaced filter, icemaker is making 4-8 cubes then quits
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

Your ice maker doesn't have a light on it. Did the ice maker stop working after replacing the water filter or before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

stopped before filter chg, not replaced for 5 yrs

The first thing I would try is to disconnect the water line that goes to the ice maker from the water valve. Then try to blow through it. If you can blow through it then you know the line isn't frozen. were you able to blow through it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if water is dispensing out of front, then the line u talk about must be where,? behind frig up from house water line or can i find it up in icemaker area

there is only one line up to frig from basement

sorry to sound uneducated

The line from the basement connects to the water valve. There are also 2 line connected to the water valve that go inside the fridge. One goes to the ice maker and the other to the dispenser. Disconnect the one that goes to the ice maker.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is in rear of frig so i have some hands-on to do and will need to get help,

may not get back to you for awhile

what if i cant get this done till tomorrow?

Yes you can reply back when you get the fridge pulled out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

pulled frig out, line is not blocked, actually 10cubes were made and NO more

Check the temp in the fridge and make sure it is 0 degrees or colder.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it is, u must mean freezer temp correct?

Ok then I would replace the ice maker.