Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

Whirlpool stackable 24" washer/dryer combo - washer not draining.

Whirlpool stackable 24" washer/dryer combo - washer not draining. Unit is 11 years old. Located out in country not near repair services. Must take door and door jamb off to turn it if it needs belt or water pump. Can it be serviced from front? Has it lived its life and a new one is needed. Repair service to our area would be about $200 for two calls--one to find out what is wrong and one to put in part. Problem--unit is on third floor of condo unit and cannot have problem with it overflowing and ruining units underneath. Tending toward purchasing new unit to be on safe side. What is your recommendation?
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
It will be my pleasure today to assist you the best i can on your question.
But first can you supply the complete model number off the unit itself? Should be located inside the washer door or dryer on the stack. And then just reply back here, i am here till 5 pm eastern time today. And will get back to you asap. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will get the model numbers. I have tried spin cycle-no luck.

Yes no problem. Please respond back here with the model, so i may more accurately give you the correct solution. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Model Number is XXXXX

If the washer is not draining do your hear the motor running? Or do you hear nothing when trying to drain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It agitates, but does not spin so I figure it is the water pump. Unit is 11 years old, tenant is yelling about repair so we decided to buy a new unit.

If it agitates but no spin it could be something as simple as a lid switch.
Roughly cost you $25.00 and easy to do... Do you still want to buy a new one?