Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

I am trying to replace the thermostat control on a U-line 2015r

I am trying to replace the thermostat control on a U-line 2015r refrigerator but there is a bracket surrounding the thermostat control that I can't figure out how to remove. I have taken the back panel off but still cant figure out access to the thermostat contol The model is U-2015RB-00. The serial number is XXXXX Any help is appreciated. Allen
Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Remove the back panel. Open the front door and remove the control knob and the 2 screws that hold the t-stat on. Remove the wire (sensing bulb) that goes into the unit. Now the thermostat should be able to be removed. Please give me a great rating if this information has assisted you. If not, please do not rate and respond back for more information...thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have removed the front and back doors and the control knob, along with the 2 screws that hold it on. However the problem I am having is that the thermostat is encased in a metal frame on all sides and I can't gain access to the thermostat, even after taking the two screws out.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Michelle

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I"m okay with continuing to wait for an answer.

We will continue to look for another Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,
Michelle

Can you post some pictures of the brackets and the thermostat as well? Maybe form the pictures, we can solve your problem.

Please use jpeg format of the lowest file size and use the paper clip icon on top of this frame where we type our responses to attach the picture.

Please post different angles of the bracket. Please take a picture of the new thermostat as well to help us visualize how to install it.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry but the pictures are not showing.

Are they in Jpeg formats?

-
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for those pictures.

So the old thermostat is already unscrewed and it would just not come out of the metal box where it is fitted.

Have you tried twisting it upward so that the narrow body of the thermostat might slide out of the metal box?

-

I will log off for now. Let me know what happen and if you still have inquiries, I will answer them a soon as i log back in.

Thank you
-
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I might be able to twist it out but now I'm not sure how I will get the long metal cord (I assume the temperature sensor) back through the foam and into the proper place without removing much of the foam in the back.

The sensor only slides out. You don't need to remove the foam. The foams are needed for insulation.

You can remove the back metal plate, then trace where the sensor where it entered the inside of the unit.
It usually enter a small tube that is why you can pull it out and remove the old one and insert the sensor of the new thermostat.
Be careful unrolling the new sensor. It is very delicate. Do not make a twist or a pinch on the sensor since it has a hole inside that could jeopardize its normal operation.

-
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .