Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

Hi, I have a draining problem with my Inglis top load washing

Hi, I have a draining problem with my Inglis top load washing machine (#8280869). this is a direct drive transmission kind. At the end of washing cycle (anyone), the water stays in, it seems that the motor is not working only for this function. No noise from the motor or the pump only on this function. All other functions works well... I already checked the pump itself: move freely. I'm thinking about the timer but I'm not sure. Any help will be welcome. Thank you.
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
Normally if all checks ok on the pump and the motor does not turn on, it is the lid switch.
If the lid switch is not engaged or working it will allow it to fill and agitate but not spin and drain out the water. Have you checked the lid switch. Here is a video on how to :
http://youtu.be/j7lLC2UYTOw

And please let me know on what you find. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you! The switch was broken... I fixed it and it now drains! Thank you again

Your welcome, glad it is working!