Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

How do I install a gasket on the sump and secure the locking

Customer Question

How do I install a gasket on the sump and secure the locking plastic ring/nut. Do I have to remove the entire dishwasher to put pressure on the back of the sump resevor? Help and thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon : Hello
Jon : my name is XXXXX XXXXX X can help you today.
Jon : Please allow me two minutes to research and look up your model dishwasher so I can help you better
Jon : Is there a 0 or 1 before the SS in model number?
Jon : Ok got it.
Jon : This is the standard ring gasket that goes around the top inner portion of the sump assembly.
Customer:

yes

Jon : You have to install the gasket from inside the machine after the sump is back together and fit into the machine but not clamped down
Jon : and it helps if you put a vey little hand soap around the gasket to allow the gasket to fit into place
Jon : Just wrap the gasket around the lip of the pump then push the pump into the dishwasher. If it is in right it will call into place. And you will feel that it is in evenly all around the opening
Jon : Then with the dishwasher out from cabinets still you will need to push the pump down into the bottom of the dishwasher making sure th gasket stays in place then push in the clamps to the sump. Fit them into the spots on the sump.
Jon : Then take some water about a gallon or so and pour it into the dishwasher and makes ure the sump doesn't leak
Jon : if it does you need to fix the gasket.
Jon : If it doesn't leak then you got it. And just use the dish like normal
Jon : I you run into any other troubles or have more questions get back to me here and I will help you more. Please don't leave negative rating if you need more help or clarification. Just come back here and ask for more help.
Jon : Thanks.
Customer:

I know where the gasket is. Trying to secure the sump to the ring. No way i can see to do this without pulling the entire dishwasher to work from the back. HOW DO YOU connect the sump to the dishwasher ?

Jon : Here is a good video showing you how to remove and install a sump and pump in a similar style dishwasher to yours. I know it is not you exact model dishwasher. But almost all dishwasher ar made the same and use similar parts so this video should help.
Customer:

You still have not answered my question. Do I need to remove the dishwasher from the cabinets, tilt it on its side, to be able to secure the sump. to the ring. Please respond.

Jon : And yes. The dishwasher will need to be in installed to do this repair easily.
Jon : Just copy and paste the link below to your browser to open and view the video.
Jon : http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DzWT9laylwo
Jon : Yes. Remove the dishwasher to properly install the gasket and sump. Ben lock it back in place with the retaining nuts or clamps.
Jon : Follow and watch the video it will help.
Jon : After viewing the video and trying it out on your machine if guys till have more questions please come back here and I will help you more.
Jon : Just to recap. Uninstall the dish. Power off the machine and turn water off as well. Then tilt the machine on its back and remove the front kick plate. Exactly like in the video.
Jon : Then remove the clamps for the sump and drainpumps and remove the sump from the machine. Then fit the new gasket on and put the sump back In reversing the order and steps. Then put machine back on and turn water back on and check for leaks.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Andy,

Please check the video and follow the steps outlined above. If you have any troubles get back to me here again and I will help you more.

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below. And please remember that if you have more questions even after rating my performance positively you can still come back here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks.
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Andy,

Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

Please get back to me here if you have any other questions or concerns and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.