Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a kenmore 110.20612991 The washer will fill with water

I have a kenmore 110.20612991 The washer will fill with water and the do nothing. I have tested the lid switch and it tests fine acording to the Ohm meter. I am not sure what else to check. I think it is the timer. Is there a way to test this?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today. Okay you tested the lid switch and your sure that its good ? can you bypass it to be sure ? (jump it out )
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok i jumped it out tank filled with water (small load) stoped filling and then nothing.

okay. while I look up the timer try advancing this to spin and giggle the knob, see it kicks into drain.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No It does not spin out does not drain does not do anything

okay there is one more thing you need to check before ordering a timer. you need to check the neutral wire (white wire) to the motor, on a lot of Kenmore's the white neutral wire can come out of the connector at the motor. heres a video on how to remove the cabinet to get to the motor. just make sure the neutral wire is intact on the motor harness. if everything is good replace the timer part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN heres a link to order that. they give a 100% money back guaranty even if you install it and it doesn't fix your issue. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for all your help. I pretty much thought it was the timer. good website here and for parts.

Thanks again