Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I cant seem to get my self-cleaning function on my stove to

I can't seem to get my self-cleaning function on my stove to work.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today,

does this have a bottom drawer ?if so look in there for the model number tag.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX 2

okay try this.first select self clean, then arrow up on the temp/time to 2 hours. then press start. the door should lock in a few seconds and start the cleaning cycle. in two hours the cycle will finish and when it cools the door will unlock. once its set don't touch it. let it go through the whole cleaning cycle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Didn't work. When I push "self clean" it beeps three times. Nothing happens when I push "temp/time." Should something appear on the screen?

okay thats not good. does the regular bake and broil work okay ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay that means the control is working, the issue is the lock/latch .Door Lock Motor and Switch Assembly W10107820       Alternate Product ViewDoor Lock Motor and Switch Assembly W10107820       Alternate Product View theres a micro switch on it that has failed, the lock assembly will need to be replaced. this is located on the back of the range. number 33 on this diagram. pull the range away from the wall unplug it and remove the back panel. heres a link where you can order the part. thanks and best wishes, Bryan