Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Some lint bypasses the lint screen at the bottom of the screen

Some lint bypasses the lint screen at the bottom of the screen housing. There is space between the screen and the housing at the bottom that it sets in that lets some of lint by pass the screen. Is this intentially built into the dryer or is this a problem ??? Gas Dryer Model # XXXXX
Thanks, Joe

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you resend the model number with a space in between each number ? it didn't come through.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1 1 0 7 2 9 2 2 1 0 0

okay perfect, so the lint is down in the blower assembly ? Blower Housing(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes some lint catches on the lint screen and somebypasses screen and enters the blower housing.

this is a problem on these unfortunately. I have the same dryer and have to clean the lint out about once a month. what I do is take a refrigerator coil brush and stick it down inside to pull the lint out. if you don't have one they sell them at lowes or home depot. make sure you screen isn't ripped also.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you saying this is a design problem with ths appliance. There is a very visable space between the lint screen and the housing it sets in thet lets some lint bypass the screen

sometimes these screen deform from the heat and shrink. when this happens they don't fit tight. you can order a new screen if thats the case on yours. heres a link. Lint Filter W10120998       Main Product Viewother than that theres not much you can do unfortunately. sorry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well the sereen is not deformed or shrunk.

It is identical to new screen so new screen is not the answer.

Why would kenmore design such a problem ?

Do they have a fix for this problem?

to be honest I have no idea why they designed it that way, I only answer questions but some things you cant really do much about. I don't build them. I have looked and cant find any recalls or fixes for this problem. I really don't know what else to tell you. I wish there was some kind of fix. stupid setup and poorly designed unfortunately. sorry . have a great weekend and thanks, Bryan