Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

Hi, I have a kenmore coldspot model #106.74216402. The freezer

Hi, I have a kenmore coldspot model #106.74216402. The freezer is functioning fine however, the fridge is freezing liquids and I am getting water dripping from the 2 ports on the roof of the fridge onto the shelf which is then freezing. I am pretty sure the temperature is due to a bad electronic control, but will replacement cure the water dripping also?
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

Both your problems are related. Your defrost drain hole is clogged. Here is a video that will help you fix it. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have performed the routine outlined in the video link. Does this mean I am not going to require a new control board?

You shouldn't need a control board.