Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE washer model # XXXXX XXXXX My problem is the

I have a GE washer model # XXXXX XXXXX
My problem is the washer will not agitate correctly it agitates slow and I hear a clunk sound

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

good morning. you have the agitator off already ? how did you check the drive block ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i put the agitater back on but have not checked the drive block or know of it's location

okay, this is the drive block which is the drive coupling. Drive Block or Bell WH43X10032 Alternate Product ViewDrive Block or Bell WH43X10032 Alternate Product View

Drive Block or Bell WH43X10032 Alternate Product View this is most definitely your issue, these sometimes feel tight but under pressure they clunk when its agitating. this is located right under the agitator, its a cheap part. $5.85 at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Block-or-Bell/WH43X10032/1264702?modelNumber=WJSR4160G1WW this will fix your issue, you need to replace it. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i actually looked at this part and it appears that there is no wear. on it would this still be the problem

well you cant see the wear its the part that connects to the shaft that strips. you need to remove it and even then it usually doesn't look bad but trust me they are.