Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

I have an Amana AGDS902WW gas range. Recently the oven would

I have an Amana AGDS902WW gas range. Recently the oven would intermittently not heat up at all. The temp gauge would be set but we would never hear the oven go on. Other times it worked as expected. A technician replaced the igniter, but problems persists. Now it heats up to the desired temp and then "turns off." The technician claims that there is a problem with "the computer", but after the last go around I am not sure if he is diagnosing the problem correctly or simply casting around for more things to charge me for.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

When you say it turns off after get gets to temp do you mean that it just never heats again or does the display turn off.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The display remains on but it does not heat again. The display registers that the temperature is still hot (e.g. 350) when the oven is no longer heating.

If you remove the lower panel in the oven and heat up the oven once it heats up and shuts off do you ever see the igniter try to glow again if you wait like 20 minutes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The oven seems to turn off only when it gets to hotter temps (above 405). Once it turns off, it does not glow again. If I wait twenty minutes I can re-start it, but it will not restart until the temp has dropped significantly - ie if it shuts off I can't re-start it right away.

Ok then the tech is correct. I would replace the control board.