Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

have a sub zero freezer with long stainless handles. top of

have a sub zero freezer with long stainless handles. top of handle has pulled off the stainless door, exposing a screw that the door handle fits on, or at least used to. seems like hole is bigger than screw head, but wondering if bottom of handle has a different attachment and if so , how best to remove the lower handle?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us a model number ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, now does your handle have this part between the handle and the door ? Handle(NNN) NNN-NNNNAlternate Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I have the long stainless pole handles and the model is finished in stainless. I will go to the Freezer again and try to explain it better. back in 1 min.

okay thats strange. the door handle that comes up is a long tube and it has the two spacers I showed you that connect the handle to the door
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do I get the spacer off the handle?

I might be able to put a washer in so that the handle will hold on to the fitting screw that goes into the door

okay you see the small hole on the side ? theres an Allen screw in that hole you tighten to secure the handle, its small so you need a small Allen should be in there if not it may have fallen out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK got the piece off and see the screw that tightens the spacer to the door, thank you. do you know what size Allen screw holds the handle to the spacer?

Set screw #10-32x1/4 ss, cone-3/32" drive

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was a torx 27, got pieces apart and all back together and on the door. thanks for your help!

thats great ! good job, please don't forget to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for assisting you. thanks and have a great day, Bryan