Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a maytag washer MAH2400AWW S/N 10317019EW. You resolved

Customer Question

I have a maytag washer MAH2400AWW S/N 10317019EW. You resolved a problem with my dryer the last time and i forgot to send a bonus, so this time I sent the bonus first. My problem is the washer starts to fill with water and then stops after only several seconds. After that it does nothing, the drum doen't turn and the water stops filling. Until the water drains out, I can open the door and remove the clothes. I have examined the washer physically and I can find nothing wrong with it. It olooks in perfect condition. It appears to be a problem with one of the circuit boards, but I do not know how to determine which board I should try first.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi. do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay do you know if the door is locking ? And the lock light on ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. The door closes completely and the lock light says door locked. Then the water will start to flow for a few seconds and then everything stops but all the lights stay on

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
are you getting any error codes? forgive my slow replies, I'm looking at the service tech sheets to see what tests you can do without a volt meter.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
can you remove the toe panel ?

to Place washer into Service Mode and check for diagnostic codes. See Technical Data Sheet behind Toe panel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, the tor panel is removed but there is nothing there.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
so theres no tech sheet ? that makes it tough because I don't have the tech sheet for the diagnostics on yours. let me look again. I'll see if I can find that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We believe that the documetation for this washer is at our other house and I can bring a volt meter home from work.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

okay that would make things a lot easier. do you want to continue tomorrow ? I'm pulling up tech sheets from the maytag service library. this is an older machine or at least not a new one so I have to pull them up through the library. let me know. thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, I will be in touch between 5:30 & 6:30 tomorrow. Thankss for your patience. Is there a specific way to get in touch with you?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
just sign back on and the question will still be open. reply and i will get it. talk then. good night. Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We just tried again and it gave a code 3E

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay the 3E is referring to A motor error , thats why the motor doesn't run at all or the drum move. the drum is supposed to move even while filling. if the control doesn't sense the motor it shuts down. this is not a cheap part unfortunately. its over $200.00 alone. heres a link to order the motor . http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Motor/34001122/1067867 hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well not exactly what I wanted to hear, but at least I don't wast any more time messing with this thing. so thanks for your help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I replaced the motor and got a volt meter and got the manuals, but the washer still is not working..

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
was the motor control board also replaced ? was it a set ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I didn/t get a motor board with the motor.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

3E Motor failure

Motor speed

indicator

error. Motor

won't turn.

Displays

"3E".

Check the motor

windings, the speed

sensor, wiring

connections, or

Control Board.

I have pulled up the service tech sheets again and it say motor. at the bottom it says check control board, there are only two parts for that failure but this doesn't have a motor control board all the electronics in this one are in the main control board.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
the only thing I can say is return the motor and order the control board, they will credit you for the motor and you can get the control board sent out. heres a link to that. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/12002651/1184314 sorry for the confusion, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I replaced the motor, but it still didn't work. The circuit boards were another $200 and I didn't want to pay that. I looked the old cirduit boards over real close and found a solder joint had melted. I resoldered that connection and everything is working fine. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I'm so glad you at least have it running. Have a great day and thanks, Bryan