Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

My Whirlpool duet washer wont unlock, and Im getting an F

My Whirlpool duet washer won't unlock, and I'm getting an F dl message. What can I do to get the washer open?
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Sorry to hear you are having a problem with opening the washer door..Can you tell me if there is any water inside the drum by looking through the door window..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it doesn't look like there's any water inside the drum.

Ok great thanks for checking that..First of all the error code you are seeing is a indication of a faulty Doorlock switch...You can get the door open by...Removing the very bottom half of the front panel(three screws along the very bottom front panel) Remove the screws then remove the panel..Take a flashlight..Shine it up inside just at the door lock..You will see a plastic tab at the bottom of the door lock..Pull down on the tab..This will release the door latch..Make sure you do unplug the unit before reaching up under the washer..Let me know how it goes...Also please remember to rate my question at "OK" or better before leaving tonight..Thanks Bob

F/dL Door Lock Error

A Door Lock Error occurs if the door cannot be unlocked. It will try to lock it 6 times before displaying the error.
Door Lock Mechanism broken or removed from the Door
Check Door Lock/Switch Assembly
Check the wire harness connections to the Door Lock/Switch Assembly and Central Control Unit (CCU)
Door Lock/Switch Assembly Failure