Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE Space Maker microwave JVM1653SH01 9years old Light

I have a GE Space Maker microwave JVM1653SH01 9years old Light works, turn table works,and exhaust work but when turned on it starts and runs for 2-3 seconds then shuts dowhdown.You then have to reset the clock and date. What could be the problem & is it worth fixing?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning. most of the time on these microwaves its the main control board thats causing the issue, Main Control Board WB27X10508      Main Product Viewthis is not only expensive ($238.00 ) but its also showing not available which means it may be obsolete, being 9 years old its much cheaper and wiser to replace the microwave, these have come way down in price and you don't know what other issue's might come up one this if you did repair it. my advice is to replace the unit. hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan