Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

Frigidaire FFHS2322MW is flashing 4 on the fridge temperature

Frigidaire FFHS2322MW is flashing 4 on the fridge temperature display. The freezer side seems to be thawed and frosted. Any suggestions?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay, inside the freezer, is the frost on the back wall? Also, do you hear the fan running in the freezer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no frost on the back wall; just the food items and plastic shelves in the front door (which was why I was questioning the door being ajar). The fan is running.

Okay, let's try something first. Go ahead and disconnect the power to the fridge for 3 minutes and then reconnect the power. See if the display now reads about what it should read and that 4 is not still flashing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That seems to have reset things back to actual settings. At least for now. Thank you! Does that mean that my suspicion was correct?

No the 4 flashing means that there is an issue with either your damper or the main control board. If it happens again you need to check the voltage to the damper and make sure you have 120vac. If you do then your damper is the issue and if not then the control board is the issue. With the reset working and your symptoms I suspect it to be the control board. I am sending you a link to a diagram. Just copy and paste it to your browser. The damper is #115 and the control board is #23. Great job on your part and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.
Hello, this is Randy again. Just wondering if your fridge is still working properly? If not I can still assist you if so desired.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The fridge has been working fine since the reset. Thank you, again, for your help.
You are welcome and great job on your part.