Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello, I have a GE Oven model #JGBS23WEL3WW with two (hopefully

Hello, I have a GE Oven model #JGBS23WEL3WW with two (hopefully related) problems:
First, I noticed the oven began having two temperatures: Cold and Scorch.
Second, I noticed that the glow bar never shuts off.
Because of these problems I have shut off the gas to the oven and unplugged the oven from the wall.
This appliance works on a 115V 15A circuit and Natural Gas.
The stovetops work perfectly. I moved in to this house 5 years ago and the oven has worked perfectly until now.
Thanks in advance for your advice.
- Jonathan Soss

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good morning, yes the two problems are the same issue. this is a common issue on these, the thermostat fails. Oven Thermostat WB20K8 Main Product View luckily this is not actually part of the gas system and you can replace this yourself. the part is available at this blue link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Thermostat/WB20K8/251863?modelNumber=JGBS23WEL3WW its the part you turn to set the oven temp. unplug the range before servicing . its part number 17 on this diagram. you need to lift the top to get to it. there are two clips # XXXXX one on each side you push in with a putty knife to lift the top, theres just a few wires and two screws on the thermostat itself. you can fix this yourself. hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan