Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

MY LG REFRIGERATOR MODEL LMX25964ST SAT IN TWO INCHES OF WATER

MY LG REFRIGERATOR MODEL LMX25964ST SAT IN TWO INCHES OF WATER FOR THREE HOURS AFTER THE ICE MAKER WATER SUPPLY BURSTED. NOW IT DOES NOT WORK. CONTROL PANEL LIGHTS ARE ON AND CHANGES CAN BE MADE. ICE LINE REPAIRED AND STILL NO ICE FOR DAYS AND FREEZER OUT AND REFRIG OUT.
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
If the unit was in 2 inches of water it probably shorted out the main control that sits on the bottom of the unit near the compressor part# XXXXX
Sears has one in stock :http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/ABQ73004304/0046/795?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=ABQ73004304

Pull the unit out from the wall and remove the rear bottom panel to gain access to the lower board.

I hope this helps you:
Please remember you must rate your experience with me for me to receive compensation for my time and expertise. I will work for your highest rating, please let me know how I may earn it!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

RICK---YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE NUMBER OF THE MAIN CONTROL PANEL. I HAVE GOT IT IN MY HAND. HOWEVER, IT IS NOT WET, NOR LOOKS LIKE IT GOT WET, AND IT SITS UP ABOUT 2.5 INCHES FROM THE BOTTOM.

ALSO, WHEN I TOOK OFF THE BOTTOM PANEL I NOTICED THE FAN IS STILL WORKING, HOWEVER WATER OVER 1/2 INCH IS STILL TAPPED IN THE BOTTOM AND ALSO WATER UNDER THE RADIATOR LOOKING APPARATIS HAS WATER. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF SOAKING IT UP WITH PAPER TOWELS, BECAUSE IT IS HARD TO GET TWO WITH CLOTH.

WHAT DO YOU THINK??? SHOULD I PURCHASE CONTROL SUGGESTED OR IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO TEST IT????

The only thing down there is the board, even moisture of water in the wiring could of casued the board to fail. Make sure you are getting 120 volts to the incoming supply, and i would suggest replacing the control.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

RICK---- I JUST ORDERED THE PART---$112.00 INCLUDING SHIPPING. WILL BE HERE TOMORROW AFTERNOON--- I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, ROY

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT RICK GETS PAID---RATING IS EXCELLANT AND I DID NOT SAY SO IN TIME, I GUESS.
HOW DO I GET BACK TO THE RATING
You should be able to see it on the close out..Thank you