Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

I turned the machine on and it started to fill then stopped

I turned the machine on and it started to fill then stopped andthen the do code came on. I tried to open and then reclose the door but it would'nt open beccause it remained locked. then fl started flashing and now it won't work I tried resetting the breaker that didn't help I unpkegged it and that did not help. I turned it off and then turned it back on , it started to fil then stopped and the do code came back on the door is shut and locked but won't unlock even after I turn off the machine or even when I shut off the breaker. HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

Do and fl mean that you have a bad door lock and need to replace it. Do you have the model number of the washer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where would I find the model number

It might be on a ticker behind the control panel or on the back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my friend is trying to pull the machine out from the wall, but in the mean time how do I get the door open since it is locked

There are 2 models. I need to know which model you have in order to tell you how to open the door.
Does it look like this? CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

model number found (p) mah5500bww Serial (s) 74909379zy try these

To get this door open the dispenser. Remove the 4 screws that hold the lid on. Then you will see a green plastic cord. Pull the cord and open the door.
Experience: Appliance tech 4 years