Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

We have a microwave model lmvm2055st. Yesterday we used it

We have a microwave model lmvm2055st. Yesterday we used it to pop a bunch of microwave popcorn and it got really hot. Now it won't power on. Check the circuit breaker and outlet and they are good. But no lights or display on front. Any ideas what it could be?
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

Do you have a multimeter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have a multimeter

Ok behind the control panel is a cavity fuse. If the microwave gets to hot it will blow the fuse and shut the microwave down. With out a meter we wont know for sure but I would replace the cavity fuse. You can order the fuse from this link. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I get to the control panel?

Remove the grill from the top. Then remove the screw out of the top of the control pal. Slide the panel up and pull out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, got the panel off but I don't see a fuse that looks like the link you sent. I have the schematic and the only thing that looks close is the thermostat. I can send you a picture if that will help. I am planning on purchasing a multimeter later today but won't be able to for a couple of hours.

Most likely that fuse is blown. Sometimes they mount that fuse on the top and you have to pull down the microwave and remove the wrapper.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Fuse is good. Even replaced with a new one. Still no luck

Did you get a multimeter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I bought a multimeter
There is also a round 20 amp fuse behind the control panel. Test that and make sure it is good.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have tested the 20amp and it is good. I can't locate the other thermal fuse that you mentioned. Took the microwave down and case off but still can't find it. Where is it located?
Its part number 10 in the picture. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, I have the cavity fuse in hand. Do I just need to check it for continuity like a normal fuse?

Yes it should have continuity