Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Bosch microwave Model HMB5050. It is 1-1/2 years old.

I have a Bosch microwave Model HMB5050. It is 1-1/2 years old. Today it quit heating. It appears to be working normally and then at 15 seconds it stops. The bell doesn't ding and the food isn't warm. What is going on?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

this stops at 15 seconds every time you run it ? no matter how long you set the time for ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. It stops at 15 seconds no matter how much time I set it for.
okay when it stops is there any error code that comes up or does it just go back to clock ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It goes back to clock
okay, this means your PCB (power control board ) is bad. Your power control board runs everything in this microwave. the High Voltage Transformer on the board overheats and shuts the cycle down. this board is $328.00. Now since this is only 1 and 1/2 years old I would contact Bosch and see if they would at least send you the part at no cost. its part # XXXXX on this diagram. if you need to order this yourself heres a link to the part. nder=modelComponent&documentCompId=50039487&diagramPageId=00003&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=HMB505001&subCompDesc=Cabinet%20assy&brandDesc=BOSCH&modelDesc=MICROWAVE&blt=11&shdMod=HMB5050/01 sorry for the bad news. hope this helps though, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your help. I was afraid that would be the answer!
your very welcome. I wish I had better news though, thanks and have a great weekend, Bryan