Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

I have an Electrolux Side by Side refrigerator (EW26SS65SS).

I have an Electrolux Side by Side refrigerator (EW26SS65SS). The water and ice dispenser do function but the paddle to request ice/water does not return after it is depressed. I have to manually pull it back out or the water/ice will continue to dispense. I also notice the paddle has a little side movement to it where it didn't before.

I would like to take a closer look but I am not sure how to remove the front faceplate or to take a look at what is wrong.

Any suggestions on how I diagnose the problem?

Thanks!
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

The dispenser front panel will just pry off. Start at the bottom and gently pry the panel out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. I didn't want to try prying it off and break something.

Turns out the dispenser lever itself is broken. I will try gluing it but I am sure that won't work.

Can you tell me the part number I am looking as a replacement?

Thanks!

The bad news is you cant get just the paddle. You can order the dispenser module from this link. CLICK HERE