Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

KitchenAid Arch ii Mod KERS807SSS00 The oven door wont

KitchenAid Arch ii
Mod KERS807SSS00
The oven door won't close completely, and the oven lights won't shut off. The latch appers to be preventing closing.
Here's what led up to this as far as I can determine:
1. The oven was "on" baking a cake.
2. The "self clean" button was pushed. (Accidentally, intending to push "oven light").
3. The "off" button was pushed. (To cancel the self clean process).
4. The "oven light" button was pushed and the light came on.
5. The baking continued until done and the oven was shut off.
6. Now the light is on and the oven door will not close.
7. I switched off the power to the range for a minute, then back "on" and this didn't fix the problem.

What do you suggest?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning , Can you try something for me ? press the light button (the one the door hits when you close it) and wait a minute to see if the latch retracts, if that doesn't work try holding it in and put this in self clean for 1 minute holding that switch in the whole time and while holding the switch in hit cancel and keep holding the switch, this should retract the lock assembly. let me know if that works. thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Bryan, There is no button. However I can wiggle the latch into a position which shuts the light off, but it won't stay there and if I try to then close the door the latch pops back out and blocks the door from closing.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, in this picture I put a red arrow to the secondary switch on the door latch assembly what position is that in ? can you move that hook at all ? graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The switch you refer to is sticking out and to the left. I can move it to the right and the light goes off. When I let go, it goes back to the left and the light goes on. I cannot move the latches independently.Both latches move together

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay try holding that over so the lights off and try the self clean method I mentioned above, see if that retracts the latch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK just one thing: where you say "cancel", is that the same as "off".

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

yes, just wait about 1 minute before hitting off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK that worked and the door and light are now functioning as they should. Thanks for your help.

Gordon

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
your very welcome . I'm glad to help. please don't forget to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.