Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a wash machine, eco smart, USA model the washer does

I have a wash machine, eco smart, USA model the washer does not advance. It fills and when its suppose to advance it stops and gives out a noise like when the tub is out of balance. We taught it was the controller board, but a new board did not fix it. I located what I taught could be the out of balance switch( right hand corner under the controller Bd. The switch a micro sw. is normally closed. (main power off) So can you help me.

My name isXXXXX number(NNN) NNN-NNNNEmailXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Lets see if an error code pulls up.

With the machine off, press and hold the Wash Temp Down button and then push the power button until the machine gives 2 short beeps and lights up. Now press the Spin Speed Up button three times so that the Hold and Slow LEDs are illuminated.

The eight wash progress LEDs will show the error code. Which ones are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example (1st, 5th, 8th)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There are no error lights the only light that lights is the Spin hold.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK then run the unit until it's beeping non-stop again. The eight wash progress LEDs will show the error code. Which ones are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example (1st, 5th, 8th)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what you mean by beeping non stop again. My problem is the washer won't progress. It stops after it fills and gives a beep as though

the tub is out of balance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
....

I really can't make this any clearer so I'm going to try one last time. Whether the unit is out of balance or you have another error, it will beep the same. I need to know what error code you're getting. Start a cycle and wait for it to start beeping. While it's beeping the eight wash progress LEDs will show the error code. Which ones are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example (1st, 5th, 8th)

If you don't understand what I'm asking then you need to call a technician out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Let me try again with you. All the lights are on when we start and they stay on. when the tub finishes its fill cycle the lights stay on and there is a beeping noise that sounds as though its saying we are out of balance. Please let me know if you understand what I am saying.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It just beeps once or twice or how many times? It doesn't continue to beep?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It keeps on beeping as long as it has power on.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK that's what I thought. Then what you just said 2 responses ago isn't correct. Look at the eight wash progress LEDs will show the error code. Which ones are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example (1st, 5th, 8th) WHILE IT'S BEEPING

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All the lights are on and stay on the first light is out, but it never came on from the beginning. The 2nd light blinks at the same rate as the beeping sound. The temperature high and low blink also.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so this is just a bad control board then I'm afraid to say.. Below is a link to the control board you'll need to order and replace for your model. It's located under the control panel on the far back right corner.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I already had a new board installed. I said that from the beginning. The old board did the same thing.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Then you really need to call a technician out because you should be getting a real error code. You can always video it and put it up on Youtube if you know how to do that while it's beeping because something you're saying is just not adding up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

O.K I'm sorry I reviewed what you asked me to do and I was using the temp up button instead of the down button.

The following lights are 3, 5.7,8.

Again I apologize, my wife tells me I don't listen. I guess I don't read right also.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK perfect so now we're getting somewhere. Disconnect the out of balance switch from your control board. These new control boards are designed to use the RPS sensor instead of the out of balance switch to tell the unit if it's out of balance now. So just disconnect the wires coming from the switch on the control board and see if your unit will work.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.