Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

i have a maytag mwv5208ws-0. i have replaced circuit board

i have a maytag mwv5208ws-0. i have replaced circuit board with #w10286816. the problem is microwave will not start heating until its been running for one min then it will turn on heating. also if you start heating and open door close door push start it will heat right away. i have checked multiple times whether you start at 330, 257, 301,or 922 on cook it will start exactly one minute into cycle.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

Inside the microwave is a 20 amp fuse the call the turbo fuse. You will need to replace the turbo fuse. This requires you to remove the microwave so you can remove the metal wrapper. The fuse is not accessible from the front.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What would cause this turbo fuse to blow? What does it do? Thanks

I have replaced a couple of them that have bown for no reason. To be honest I don't really know what it does.