Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

Kenmore front loader does not flush liquid fabric softner during

Kenmore front loader does not flush liquid fabric softner during cycle.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

If you pour water so the softener dispenser compartment is all the way full does it start t drain out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It does not. I have taken the drawer out and cleaned it all out. If you take out the drawer and dump it before a wash cycle it leaves water in the drawer. It leaves the fabric softner in the drawer during a cycle.

Ok the way that dispenser works is it siphons out once the compartment over fills. If the softener isn't siphoning out then the drawer has to be clogged. Remove the drawer. Then remove the cap that covers the bleach and softener compartment. Make sure the cap is very clean in the tubes that cover the holes in the dispenser.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had already done that. I also took off the snap-on piece on the bottom of the drawer and cleaned it.

If you open the drawer and pour water in the softener dispenser until the compartment starts to over fill. Does the water then start to drain out. If not then the problem is in the drawer. If it is clean then I would replace the drawer.