Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

SOUTHBEND MODEL SLG S/22SC CONVECTION OVEN PRODUCING SOOT AND

SOUTHBEND MODEL SLG S/22SC CONVECTION OVEN PRODUCING SOOT AND DEPOSITS ON FOOD . IS THERE A FIX??

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Is this a gas range ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes propane

okay yes this can be fixed but its not recommended you attempt this yourself. The range is running to rich , the air / gas mixture is not calibrated correctly. A tech is required to adjust the mixture. average cost to have a tech do this is around $80.00, there should be no parts involved just adjustment. hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did call in a tech .He found that the air gas mix needed slight adjusting but the real problem was Tin Foil in squirl cage.Foiled the proper air movement and less air helped deposit more grease.It made for a difficult clean up .Thanks for your help