Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, We have an Asko W64222 that we have always used cold water

Hi, We have an Asko W64222 that we have always used cold water wash but now trying hot water and its just not heating. Any advice much appreciated.
there are a couple of reasons this can happen (not heat) 1 the heating element may have failed. Heating Element(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View 2 the thermister could be bad. Thermistor(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View Is there hot water entering the machine when you put this on hot wash ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The machine is only connected to cold water (heats its own water)

oh okay saw that. well its one of the two things I said, you can check them with a multimeter for you have one ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, do you know how much these parts will cost and if they can be replaced by my husband so we dont have to pay the $100 call out fee from asko

the heating element is around $50.00 and the thermistor is under $30.00, he can probably do these himself if he's mechanically inclined.