Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

whirlpool heavy duty top loader - water wont stop filling.

whirlpool heavy duty top loader - water won't stop filling. no cut off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

your model number is XXXXX it should start with a 3 number prefix like 110,106,665 or some other combo. can you get that to me ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

LSN 7233BQ0

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Perfect. Now does the water stop comming in if you unplug the washer or do you have to shut the water off at the house ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Water stops from the control button. The load size button is not working - even on small the machine fills and will not wash. It will pump water out and spin though

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay. what I think has happened is the rubber tube from the tub that runs up to the water level control has come off. (when that happens it just keeps filling) you need to open the control panel and see if the hose came off. Hose 353244          Main Product Viewremove screws # XXXXX and flip the control panel back (pull forward a little and flip it back ) check the hose. let me know if thats it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

screws # XXXXX?? is the control panel the front part or will I have to get someone to pull the machine out to get at the back?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
oh sorry the diagram didn't attach here it is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well I'm blind, don't see #40, 41 or 42 for that matter. however i took the

panel off at #49 and there was a small plastic tube that attached to the back of the load size button. I reattached it and halleluyah!! it's all good....

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
awesome ! thats what I thought. good job ! sorry you couldn't find the screws on the diagram but at least you got it ! thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.