Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Maytag double oven gas range ( model MGR6875ADQ serial

My Maytag double oven gas range ( model MGR6875ADQ serial # XXXXX)has a malfunction with the ignition mechanism on the stove top. It started clicking all by itself and wouldnt shut off. I unplugged it and left it unplugged for an hour, the clicking stopped but when I
turned on the stove top burner and shut it off, the clicking began again. Can this be repaired, or reset?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, Can you tell me was there any water spilled on the top of the range lately ? or has anyone cleaned it using a spray cleaner ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was cleaned with a damp sponge but no liquid was spilled or sprayed

okay does it do it on all the burners or just one ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry for the delay I had to reset my password. THey all click

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you. Is it safe to use the stove top by manually lighting it in the meantime?

yes but be careful that the burners don't get turned on by accident when not in use. they wont light when this is unplugged. i would remove the knobs when not in use.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks so much it turned out it was wet ,at least it apears so because the clicking has stopped !

thats Great ! thats why I asked if it has been cleaned lately. if it happens again take a hair dryer on medium and take the knobs off and dry the switches. good job ! thanks and best wishes, Bryan