MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I left the broiler on while i ran to the store. was gone about

I left the broiler on while i ran to the store. was gone about 30 minutes and when i came home the circuit breaker was tripped from what i assume was the oven and stove getting too hot. I have power to the range top as evidenced by the stove top on light being lit but the burners do not get hot nor the oven come on now. the oven on light does not light at all. What could cause this?
HI there and thank you for choosing this service. could you post the make and model number please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Whirlpool

RF111PXSQ 1

Thank you. could you please turn the power off for about 5 minutes, then restore the power and tell me if the stove top or oven will respond?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no the same issues as before. Stove on light comes on but burners dont work and the oven on light still doesnt come on , oven doesnt work and the oven light for the inside doesnt work either

This is a very uncomplicated product. From what you describe here you have an issue with the proper voltage being supplied to the range. You have an electrical problem here or the terminal block on the unit where the cord or house wiring attaches to has burned. You will need to investigate accordingly to find the problem based on what I have said here. Nothing can be done without you doing the work- I have no magic wand or crystal ball to see what you can.

MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
So, what is happening here? Positive feedback is appreciated as I know I gave you the right info here for the issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no cords or wires burned. no indication of a voltage problem. After taking the back panel off and turning the stove knobs on and the oven knobs on i hear a clicking sound that causes the oven light which now illuminates to flicker. the clicking is coming from the harness behind the oven control knob.

Did you put a voltmeter on this? You must have a voltage issue if the burners do not come on. You must have 240 volts or so supplied to this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

voltmeter says 240

Then you have a bad connection in the range- it should be easy enough to trace out the wires from the terminal block up to the switches to find the issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i traced all of the wires and did not find any connecion issues. I am currently out of town and will be returning on Wednesday. There are no burned wires or disconnected wires and everything in the harness beginning at the connection for the main cord upward appears intact.