Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My dishwasher is about 8 years old. Everything works fine but

My dishwasher is about 8 years old. Everything works fine but the dishes just dont seem to come out clean. We have to rewash them by hand, sometimes as many as half the dishes. This was not always an issue so I suspect it is clogged jets or something. Any advise would be helpful. I have a Maytag Mod# XXXXX ser# XXXXX

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you start the dish washer and let it fill then open the door and tell me in inches how much water is in the bottom ? does it reach the heater ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it reaches the heating element in the bottom of the dishwasher. The dishwasher seems to get quite hot and the dishes are usually very hot to touch when we take them out.

okay its sounds like the water levels are fine. this is a little tricky but start the dishwasher and while its spraying (washing) open the door quick. is the water spraying good ? (you may get splashed a bit if it is)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you were right I did get a bit wet. haha. The jets seem to be washing ok buI am not sure of the pressure that they are spraying with.

okay , sorry LOL. my thoughts are your wash impeller assembly needs replacing. Impeller and Seal Kit 6-915435        Main Product View these sometimes wear and don't spray with enough pressure . the parts are around $40.00 at the following link and theres a video there also to show you how to replace it. I would order and replace the assembly. click this blue link.