Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My GE oven has a nice brushed stainless steel surface. As

My GE oven has a nice brushed stainless steel surface. As you know, these are surprisingly delicate. I inadvertently scuffed a corner of the door when I had it apart to deal with a bad spill. I must have dragged the surface on something to cause the scuff. Do you know any way to buff or regrind part of such a surface?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

How bad is the scuff ? are they light scratches or deep ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is light, so nothing amounting to a scratch. Looks like a swipe or smear, in an arc perhaps 2" x 1" I've got to check my email settings; never saw your response yesterday; sorry for the tardy reply

thats okay. they sell a kit that will work on your scratches since they are light ones. heres a link to order it. Scratch-B-Gone Stainless Steel Scratch Repair KitI find this works really good on light scratches. hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan