Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

I have a whirlpool duet and after half way through the wash

I have a whirlpool duet and after half way through the wash cycle the machine turns off and does not spin out and the clothes just sit in water
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

If you put the washer on a spin cycle will it spin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was mistaken but the washer will complete the wash cycle and drain but then it will stop and unlock the door but will not spin.

This washer wont spin unless it has drain all the water out of it. It is common that the filter on the drain pump gets clogged and prevents all the water from draining. Here is a video that will show you how to check the filter. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It appears that I must pay another $60 to gat a full resolution to this question which I'm not willing to pay

You only pay one time and the price is 30 dollars. Do you have any other questions?