Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

I have a samsung front load washer that is making alot of sweaking

I have a samsung front load washer that is making alot of sweaking nosises during the sping cycle. I have releveled the unit, but still have the noises. If I press the side of the unit the sweak will stop. I also hear a ticking sound as it spins. It almost sounds like something inside the cabinet is tapping on the side of the drum. I am prepared to remove the front panel and begin looking for the source of the noises. Any idea?
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

Have you removed the top panel yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not yet. Look for some ideas what it may be first.
Removing the top panel is easy. Remove the screws from the back of the top panel and then slide the panel back and lift up. Now look into the washer and see if you can hear the noise. I would start by removing the top because it is easy for one and you can still run the washer. Once the front is off you cant run the washer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok.. give me some time.. have to move my dryer to get to the back of the washer. i will be back in touch shortly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok. have the top panel off. The noise appears to be near the gasket. Is there a way to remove the gasket and clean it? no leaks, but can they come loose and make noise?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Maybe I dont quite understand how this system works.. but telling me how to remove the top panel is not worth $50 dollars. If you are not going to provide any additional information, then I will be requesting a full refund.