Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

My Maytag Dryer was running for approximately 5 hours and was

My Maytag Dryer was running for approximately 5 hours and was running when I came back, apparently the knob, set of very dry, did not spin to the cool down and off mode. There was a bed sheet and clothes inside and after running so long, had tied all the clothes into a tight bundle. The clothes couldn't dry. I removed everything, cleaned the lint screen, and inserted only the clothes. The inside of the drum was very hot. I let it cool down over night. This morning, nothing works on any setting. I checked plug, GFI, and breakers. All are working. Is there a master reset button or breaker not identified in the manual? If not, WHAT NEXT? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Paul
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

There is no reset button. There is a couple of thermal fuse that if the dryer gets to hot they will trip to prvent a fire. Do you have a multimeter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, I don't. and dont know what that is. so please explain

It is a tool used to test voltage and resistance. With out a multimeter we wont be able to test the fuses.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where are the FUSES?

There are 2 fuses. One on the heater canister and one on the top of the blower housing.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please advise how to access them, remove them and I will take them to the hardware store/home depot. or ? and replace them

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Are you still here? Please reply to the previous question..

Here is a video that will help. CLICK HERE. The hardware store wont carry these fuses you will have to go to an appliance part store