Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE WSSH300G1WW Front Load Washing Machine. The wash

I have a GE WSSH300G1WW Front Load Washing Machine. The wash will NOT complete any cycle. It stops during the wash cycle. After the door unlocks, the drum appears to be "stuck" and will not spin freely. the only cycle that completes is the drain cycle.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, you cant move the drum either way at all ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If i apply some force the drum will move freely in either direction and moves freely. The drum only appears to be "stuck" during a wash cycle.

I have tried the following wash cycles: Heavy, Regular, Quick Wash, Activewear and experience the problem

When I use rinse or Handwash the cycle completes w/o issue.

If you put this in spin only will it spin fast ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Set the machine to High speed spin. The pump turned on and the drum went through several cycles of low speed clockwise/counter clockwise spinning and eventually started to spin at high speed.

So yes it does spin fast.

okay thats good, it means the rear bearing isn't locked up. please try a normal cycle now and tell me what it does.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This cycle completed successfully (no clothes); before we declare victory I would like to run a wash w/ clothes in it....

Okay let me know if it works okay. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It seems to be working. Thank you.

What do you think may have caused the problem and how can we avoid it in the future?

my guess is this somehow was out of balance and it caused the lock up. its hard to say. there also may have been something stopping the drum that may be gone now. hopefully your trouble is through and it will run okay . thanks and best wishes, Bryan