Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE WSSH300G1WW Front Load Washing Machine. The wash

I have a GE WSSH300G1WW Front Load Washing Machine. The wash will NOT complete any cycle. It stops during the wash cycle. After the door unlocks, the drum appears to be "stuck" and will not spin freely. the only cycle that completes is the drain cycle.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, you cant move the drum either way at all ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If i apply some force the drum will move freely in either direction and moves freely. The drum only appears to be "stuck" during a wash cycle.

I have tried the following wash cycles: Heavy, Regular, Quick Wash, Activewear and experience the problem

When I use rinse or Handwash the cycle completes w/o issue.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
If you put this in spin only will it spin fast ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Set the machine to High speed spin. The pump turned on and the drum went through several cycles of low speed clockwise/counter clockwise spinning and eventually started to spin at high speed.

So yes it does spin fast.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay thats good, it means the rear bearing isn't locked up. please try a normal cycle now and tell me what it does.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This cycle completed successfully (no clothes); before we declare victory I would like to run a wash w/ clothes in it....

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay let me know if it works okay. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It seems to be working. Thank you.

What do you think may have caused the problem and how can we avoid it in the future?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
my guess is this somehow was out of balance and it caused the lock up. its hard to say. there also may have been something stopping the drum that may be gone now. hopefully your trouble is through and it will run okay . thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.