How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Appliance Man Your Own Question
Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 9896
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Appliance Man is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For a Sears Kenmore Microwave model no. 721.62462201 SN 405TA00288: It

This answer was rated:

For a Sears Kenmore Microwave model no. 721.62462201
SN 405TA00288:
It has been sputtering (probably arcing) while operating (heating) through a Mica cover (about 6" x 3"), delaminating the mica. The mica cover that is held by a round plastic press-in grommet, and is made with three (prevent reinstalling) dugers. Can I get parts, and install them myself?
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

The mica cover you are talking about is called the wave guide cover. You can order the wave guide from this link. CLICK HERE.

The wave guide is easy to replace you can do it yourself.
Appliance Man and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you

Related Appliance Questions