Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

I have a GSH22JFTD side by side refrigerator. It has stopped

I have a GSH22JFTD side by side refrigerator. It has stopped despening water. The filter is not clogged. The ice maker is continuing to make ice. What are the steps to get the water dispening again?

Thanks, Cindy
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

Remove the grill from the bottom of the fridge. Look under the freezer door. You will see a connector on the water line. Disconnect the line. Then try to dispense water. Do you get water out of the line you just disconnected.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After disconnecting the line and pressing the water dispenser, water does flow from the tube.

Ok this means the water line is frozen in the freezer door. You will need to heat up the door with a hair dyer to thaw the line.