Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

how do i unlock my whirlpol microwave

how do i unlock my whirlpol microwave
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i push the botton to turn the exhaust fan, it does not turn off. i appears the pad is locked

Do any of the other buttons work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes..some do...but the ,micro on/off does not.....and the fan button does not. there is a "lock" bottun..i assume that is the issue...dont know how to "unlock"

Do you have the model number?

It sounds to me like you have a bad touch pad. If the lock feature was on it would stop all the buttons from working. If some buttons work then the lock isn't on. If you have the model number I can look at how to turn the lock on/off.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

gh4155xps-1

whirlpool gold

To Lock/Unlock Control: The microwave oven and Timer must be off. Touch and hold START for 5 seconds until 2 tones sound and a lock icon appears on the display. Repeat to unlock and remove the lock icon from display.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the start botton does not work..so the unlock procedure als does not work,..the fan remains on,,

Ok you will need to replace the touch pad. This is a common failure on this model. You can order the part from this link. CLICK HERE
I see this question is still open. Do you have anymore questions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i ordered the new part, via the site you sent me. well done. i will use this more ofter.

hopefully i am able to install.

i also included a tip

excellent service!!!!

Thank you. Take care.