Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Gen-air radiant downdraft cooktop. The right front

I have a Gen-air radiant downdraft cooktop. The right front dual control burner does not regulate heat properly. It stays either all the way hot or on low. No inbetween. What do you think I need to repair this?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, this could only be one of two things. either the infinite switch is bad (the burner switch) or the limiter is bad. you would need a volt meter and know how to test continuity and voltage to test these however. the limiter is no longer available for that burner so you would need to search the Web for a replacement if you found it to be bad. the part number is XXXXX and its part of the burner. graphic the unit has to come out of the counter top to check these.