Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a Bosch dishwasher, probably 7 years old and it seems

We have a Bosch dishwasher, probably 7 years old and it seems to be stuck on a cycle.

Can you help us fix the problem?

Many thanks,

Jane (NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you open the door and look on the side of the door (right side) near the top and get me the model number off the tag ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

SHU 9915UC

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay perfect. now when the door is shut does this sound like theres a pump running all the time nonstop ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the pump continues runnning and then it stops and it appears the dishwasher is filling up with water and then the pump comes on again and runs for awhile and so on.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay try this, pour about 2 gallons of hot water into the machine by hand. (make sure the hot water is on under the sink) and then start a cycle, see if it goes through to the end. Can you do that ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doing that now. Thank you btw!

BTW we always rinse our dished before putting them in the dishwasher.

This problem seems to come and go.

It is not getting rid of all the water from the bottom of the dishwasher and when I came into the kitchen this morning it was making that churning noise.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay talk after.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The bottom of the dishwasher is already covered in a layer of about 1 inch of water and is close to over flowing, so we can't really add water. The problem seems to be that it is not getting rid of all the water.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay this is stuck in whats called flood mode. theres water in the base pan under the dishwasher. the pump keeps pumping because the float is stuck in an up position. this is a pain. I had the same dishwasher and the only way I could reset the float was to take the dishwasher out from under the counter and tip it to the left side and let the water come out from underneath in the base pan. once thats done the float will come down and the machine will reset and run again. you may have a leak that happens once in a while fill the base pan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi we are not able to try this for a couple of hours. If that doesn't work do you have any other suggestions and can we get back in touch with you please?

Thanks,

Jane

(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
just come back and reply when you get it done, P.S. we are not allowed to call on the phone) just so you know. I'm fairly confident this will work. thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
your very welcome Smile