Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

my dishwasher, maytag model MD89150aws started and filled.

my dishwasher, maytag model MD89150aws started and filled. when it was supposed to drain, it stopped the timer and made a noise as if it was trying to start every 5 seconds.
this may be a duplicate question
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

If you remove the lower spray arm then you can remove the pump hosing from the top of the pump. Once you housing is off you can grab the impeller and try to turn it. If you can turn the impeller then the motor isn't sieved.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the plastic star nut inside would not turn clockwise. it turned counter-clockwise and unthreaded from the shaft. is that the motor shaft? if the motor is seized, is it worth replacing on a 10 year old dishwasher or is it time to replace the washer?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I believe that the motor was seized, and replaced the dishwasher even though I never got a response to my reply

Sorry for some reason that response didn't come through. I would have recommended replacing the dishwasher.