Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

Kenmore Elite fills and cycles but does not pump water to the

Kenmore Elite fills and cycles but does not pump water to the agitator and the Clean light flashes. The pump drains it at the end of the cycle there fore the pump is operating.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

Is the clean light flashing 7 times?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

Ok so the circulation pump isn't turning them. Most likely the chopper is stopped up with something. Here is a video that will show you how to check the chopper. CLICK HERE. If you dont find anything in the chopper then you have a bad circulation pump and will need to replace it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I disassembled and found a small piece of glass in the bottom of the
grinder. Removed it and the blade turns freely. Reassembled and tried to cycle it. Still Clean light flashes 7 times. The dishwasher emptied OK but still will not cycle. Is the circulation pump and drain pump run by the same motor? How do I replace the circ pump motor?

The circ pump and the drain pump are not the same parts. Here is a video that will show you how to replace the circ pump. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I ordered and received the new part , new pump, motor, and the assembly it came with. Installed per instructions. The problem still persists. It will not fill and the clean light still flashes. It will not start a wash cycle, will not fill. The drain pump will run and empty the machine of the water I poured in but that is all. Clean light still flashes 7 times. So it is not the wash pump, drain pump, or their related parts. Could it be the control panel assembly, a stuck solenoid, etc?

Did you reset the control board?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, how is that done?

Press normal then heated dry, normal then heated dry, normal then heated dry.