Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

I HAVE A WHIRPOOL MODEL # XXXXX IT WILL START AND THEN

I HAVE A WHIRPOOL MODEL # XXXXX IT WILL START AND THEN AFTER A FEW MINUTES SHUTS OFF. IT WOULD SHUT OFF AFTER ABOUT 20 MINUTES AND NOW AFTER RESTARTING ABOUT 4 TIMES IT SHUTS OFF AFTER ABOUT 2 MINUTES.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

Will the dishwasher start right back up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES

OK start the dishwasher and hold in on the door and see if it will run longer. Does it still shut off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is running so far. hold on

ok. let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is still going. this has been happening on and off for about a month. is there something it could be?

It has to be a problem with the door switch. Open the door and look at the metal part that sticks out of the tub. Grab the metal door strike and bend it down a little. If that doesn't fix it you will need to replace the door latch. The latch is easy to replace. Open up the door and remove the screws around the inner edge. Then lift the inner door panel up. The latch will be located in the top inside of the door.