Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

No water when cycled to on and has noise like something is

No water when cycled to on and has noise like something is grinding. Float seems to be working because hear switch clicking and has power to the fill solenoid valve when pulling float up and down. Suspect the fill valve to be faulty but would this also create the grinding noise I am hearing.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you open the door and look on the side wall and get me the full model number off the tag so I can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

The Whirlpool Model # XXXXX XXXXX Thanks for the reply and I hope you can help with this problem.

Gene

your correct about the valve, these valves fail a lot in these machines, Water Inlet Valve(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product Viewtest for 120 volts to the valve at the beginning of a cycle, if you get 120 volts but no water is going in replace the valve. theres a link below to order it. its a fairly straight forward replacement and you can do it yourself, just make sure you shut the water off under the sink first. thanks and best wishes, Bryan

link to part. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/8283345/0022/665?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=8283345