Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Amana clothes washer (front loading) stays on for a few

My Amana clothes washer (front loading) stays on for a few moments and then stops showing a symbol like "LE" but not actually letters. It does "Spin Only" fine but doesn't complete the wash cycle at any level, that is, "normal , quick, hand, delicate or super". What's wrong and can I fix it?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get us a model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model No. is "NFW7200TW" made in Korea in July 2008
.

okay give me a few minutes to look up the tech sheets. thanks, Bryan
Okay I'm back , the LE error is indicating a suds block and locked rotor, the first thing to do is unplug this for 1/2 and let the suds subside in the pump assembly, then unplug the washer to reset the code. plug the washer back in and press the power button to turn it on. press the spin button until it comes up no spin/drain cycle only is selected.when the water is all drained run a rinse and spin cycle to remove excess soap . after its finished try running a load without adding any soap. let me know if that works
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Brian, you said unplug for "1/2" - is that minute, hour, day?

oh sorry ! LOL 1/2 hour.